About Me

My photo
Hello, My Name is Erwin JaMarkus Coleman. I am from Tuscaloosa, Alabama; attending the University of South Alabama. I inspire to be a Secondary History Teacher. I want to do more than teach, I want to inspire and aid downtrodden humanity to a better path in life. After my undergraduate studies I want to get a Master's in Public Administration to reform education outside the classroom as well.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

C4T Summary Post 4

Students at a Computer

I commented on Brian Crosby's blog Learning is Messy. The post I commented on was Leaving Their Mark-Redux,Redux . Mr. Crosby talks about how using technology in the classroom has improved his students education. His classroom is a 1:1 laptop classroom. His class blogs, skype, and wiki's. They have interviewed experts and had special guest Grace Corrigan in his classroom. They blog on other student's blogs around the country and connect with classrooms using skype. I commented on his post, "Hello I am Erwin Coleman, a student at the University of South Alabama. I am in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class. We do a lot of technology enhanced learning and I see the benefits of using technology to improve the quality of a student’s education. Every student having a computer to use in the classroom can keep the student’s connected with each other and do more research at an early age so it doesn’t become foreign by the time they reach high school or college. I am glad you inspire your students to become learners and I want to do the same thing when I am educating my students".

Students Sitting Together

The second post I commented on Brian Crosby's blog Learning is Messy is Getting to Know You . He talks about how he makes his students sit with new students everyday for the first week of class. He said this teaches them about rejection and inclusion. I commented saying "I feel students should interact with different students and not just sit with the same peers everyday. When a student gets to meet new people they can grow as a person. I do believe a student should always have close friends they can always depend on but getting to at least know new people can teach students the networking skills they need for the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment