About Me

My photo
Hello, My Name is Erwin JaMarkus Coleman. I am from Tuscaloosa, Alabama; attending the University of South Alabama. I inspire to be a Secondary History Teacher. I want to do more than teach, I want to inspire and aid downtrodden humanity to a better path in life. After my undergraduate studies I want to get a Master's in Public Administration to reform education outside the classroom as well.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Blog Post 14

Jose Picardo Educational Blog and Tips
Picture of Jose Picardo

Jose Picardo gives very useful information on creating your own blog and maximizing the use of technology. His A-Z Internet Resources for Education had more resources than I thought could exist and there were a few I explored. One I looked at was BigHugeLabs. This is a website where you can create a motivational poster, magazine covers, movie posters,and more from pictures on your computer. Using this can bring creativity to your classroom and students can create their own magazine cover or poster for a project. Another I looked at was Kerpoof Studio . This is a website for younger children to make a movie, make a card, spell a picture, make a drawing, make a picture, and tell a story. I made my own Christmas Card using Kerpoof Studio.
.
One of the last things I checked out was My Award Maker . This is a web service for creating your own awards to hand out to your students and awards are printable.

Top Ten Tips for Using Technology in the Classroom
Jose Picardo also made a video on his top ten tips for using technology.

Using these tips properly can enhance the quality of education and creativity in the classroom. Streaming video can be fun, especially when incorporating the students. When a student puts in the time to make a video on a particular topic the information stays with them longer. An interactive whiteboard can accommodate different learning styles and use a variety of resources for presentations. Podcasts are great because the students can listen to a lecture outside the classroom or listen to experts on a particular subject.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erwin!

    Thanks for the award maker link! I'm excited to use it. Anyway, good post. Congrats on reaching the end of the semester. Have a great holiday break!

    ReplyDelete