About Me

My photo
Hello, My Name is Erwin JaMarkus Coleman. I am from Tuscaloosa, Alabama; attending the University of South Alabama. I inspire to be a Secondary History Teacher. I want to do more than teach, I want to inspire and aid downtrodden humanity to a better path in life. After my undergraduate studies I want to get a Master's in Public Administration to reform education outside the classroom as well.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Blog Post 4

I listened and watched Eagle's Nest Radio & Class Blog, The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom, and The Education Podcasting Network. Creating podcast is a revolutionary way of teaching students. Students get bored of the teacher standing up just lecturing for over an hour while the students just sit and listen or do handouts. Podcast can be very refreshing for a student's way of learning. The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale made a good point about what if a child is sick; well they can go to the teacher's podcast to receive the information they missed during the day. One thing to challenge that is, what if a child who comes from a low-income home does not have access to a computer outside of school? How do we educate that child outside the classroom?
Students or classrooms can do their own podcast or vodcast by doing projects on certain topics. Me being a social studies teacher can very effectively use a podcast for projects. Inspiring teachers should at least be trained on using a podcast or vodcast in the classroom so they can an extra resource.

Benefits of Podcasting In The Classroom

The Education Podcast Network

1 comment:

  1. Which 3 of the options provided in the assignment did you do? Brief. Too brief.

    ReplyDelete